We know that “Ricky the Meadmaker” and “hard at work” have never appeared in the same sentence before, but we’re serious. He’s been putting in twenty hours a week for over a month on something he’ll only refer to as “The Feast.”
Here’s what we know:
- It really is a secret. Ricky says that fewer than thirty people know anything about it and that no one, not even the staff, knows exactly what he’s working on. (Obviously, no longer true after this article is published.)
- Something he’s building requires an axe.
- Ricky’s been sourcing actual linen paper. This is only unusual since he traditionally exclusively writes on sheep vellum.
- Whatever it is, we don’t think it’s happening at the meadery.
- Ricky just requested a list of all of our Pint Club members.
- He promises to give more details over the next few weeks.
That’s it. Keep checking the blog and social media for more information.