The oak-aged version of our original craft mead
Oak-Aged Valkyrie’s Choice Clone Recipe
Batch Size - 5 Gallon/19L
OG - 1.050
FG - 1.000
ABV - 6.9
7.5 lbs wildflower honey
2 oz oak chips
Enough Water to Make the Final Volume 5 Gallons
1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
5 packets D47 Yeast
Step by Step
- Combine the first four ingredients with the water at 92°F (33°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
- Either sulfite with campden tablets and wait 24 hours or go on to the next step
- Add the yeast as recommended by the manufacturer
- Maintain the fermentation at about 86 degrees fahrenheit
- Bottle (with priming sugar) or keg when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
- Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew